- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; smooth top.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes. until cookie is golden brown and just set in the center, Let cool 5 minutes.